An International Reputation in Divorce and Family Law
Getting a divorce from an international marriage.
An international marriage can be one of the more complicated marriages to dissolve. Gary J. Gottfried, LPA will work with you to make your international divorce valid. Our experienced international divorce lawyers will walk you through the entire process. We help you understand jurisdiction and where to file for divorce, the validity of a foreign divorce, and possible issues that may arise.
Ohio International Divorce Lawyers
Emotional upheaval, dislocation, financial concerns... divorce is challenging enough without adding the complexity of cross-cultural issues, differing customs, and the laws of other countries.
If you are a U.S. citizen married to a foreign national, an immigrant to the U.S., or an international worker seeking divorce in the U.S., the law office of Gary J. Gottfried Co., LPA in Westerville Ohio can help.
Our international divorce lawyers Gottfried have extensive experience handling the issues of divorce, child custody and visitation, and property division in the international arena. Divorce attorney Gary has worked on groundbreaking cases involving child custody, parental kidnapping, and The Hague convention.
Creative Approaches to the Challenges of International Divorce
Our clients have included international pilots, military personnel, international students and scholars, performance artists, business executives, and immigrants to the U.S. We represent clients located in Ohio and serve as local counsel for clients living abroad. In just the past year, we have assisted clients from Hong Kong, Poland, Germany, England, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Palestine, Israel, and Sweden.
We represent clients in a broad range of international divorce issues:
- Had trouble serving divorce papers on a spouse who travels extensively? This is where our creativity really shines. We know how to serve anyone, anywhere.
- Do you own property or assets in another country? We will work with local counsel to ensure mirror asset division agreements that are acceptable in both locations.
- Has the other parent taken your child to his or her home country without your permission? We are skilled in handling cases of parental kidnapping and international child abduction.
- Having difficulty obtaining your court-ordered spousal support (alimony)? Depending upon the country involved, we may be able to assist you in enforcing your spousal support order under the Hague Convention.
- Worried that divorce will affect your immigration status? We understand visa requirements and immigration laws and can give you sound legal advice.
Contact Us Now
Gary has fantastic response to questions. Highly recommended!
- 100% Client Recommended on Lawyers.com
GARY J. GOTTFRIED CO. LPA
Family Law Attorneys
608 Office Parkway, Suite B
Westerville, OH 43082
Telephone (614) 297-1211
Fax (614) 297-6387